Monday 7 January 2013

It's a new year

Happy New Year. I hope you managed to have had a great Xmas break.

I had a brilliant few days, spending quality time with the family plus catching up with friends. It was really good to share a pint of two with Matt who I haven’t seen for ages. I also managed to grab a couple of hours to work on the black hole that is my new (solo?) album. (If Chinese Democracy can happen though, then anything can)

Also I’ve had a number of people email me over Xmas about Saloon so I know a few people are reading this, which is great. One kindly reader emailed me a concert recording from 2003 that I’d not heard before which was great (despite our ropey playing.) I will endeavour to get it up here as soon as I can.

Also I have received a few orders in the shop. Quite a few LP copies of the debut album have gone over the last weeks – I am literally down to my last 5 copies now, so get in fast if you want one.  

And of course, it is the 10 years anniversary of 'Girls are the new boys' getting to No.1 in John Peel’s Festive 50. It’s an anniversary I am a bit ambivalent about as it really marked the beginning of the end for Saloon. Perhaps I’ll say a bit further about that later but lets not forget  that ‘Have you seen the light’ also got to no.26 that year, so here is a link to a fan made video of that instead.



Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment